The Chamber of Commerce, City of Orofino, KLER, and Orofino Rotary club are spearheading a community spring clean up effort again this year. Individuals and organizations are asked to clean up around their homes and work places. In addition, groups and individuals are encouraged to sign up and clean an area in need in their neighborhood or community. To sign up or for more information please contact the Clearwater County Chamber of Commerce at (208) 476-4335 or firstname.lastname@example.org – Erica Holland, Director.
In celebration of Arbor Day, Urban Forestry of Orofino (UFO) in conjunction with the Idaho Dept. of Lands will be giving out free seedlings and holding an event raffle for ornamental trees. Information on planting and tree care will be available. For more information call the City of Orofino at (208) 476-4725.
Clean out your cabinets as the Clearwater County Sheriff’s Department will be collecting unused prescription medication to protect water quality and to prevent misuse. They are happy to take your unused prescription medications and dispose of them properly. Clearwater County Sheriff’s Department will be at Canon Park (corner of Michigan Avenue & Riverside Avenue) the day of Community Clean Up.
The community garage & estate sale in the Orofino City Park fair exhibition building will also be going on this year thanks to the Orofino Rotary Club. This is a good opportunity to clean up and recycle your household goods and make money doing it or support a good cause. Please contact Cathy at 208-851-8247 for more information or to reserve a booth.
Scheduled Activities on Saturday April 30th at the Orofino City Park
- Free trash bag available for signup participants from 7am to noon.
- Trash trucks will be available for trash deposits all day.
- Free hot dog & German dog lunch from 11:30 to noon for those signed up to cleanup.
Arbor Day Celebration:
- From 9am-12pm, free seedlings will be given (while they last) along with tree care information.
- Tree City USA Award presentation to the City and ornamental tree drawing at 12pm.
Community garage sale in the fair exhibit building from 8am-4pm:
- Come out and support local community members and you just might find a deal.
- Clearwater Country Sheriff Department, collection of unused prescription medication from 10am to 2pm.
The Transfer Station
Open from 8am- 3:30pm QUESTIONS: 208-476-7903
- Fees will be waived for this day only
- Clearwater County Residents only – you may be asked to show proof of residency
- Everyone must stop at the scale house
- No Cement/Concrete will be accepted
- No Hazardous waste will be accepted (anti-freeze, old gas, etc.)
- Up to 4 small truck and passenger tires will be accepted free on Saturday ONLY. There will be a $2.50 charge for each tire over 4 with no rim and $5 for tires with rims.
- Fees are not waived for contractors on Community Cleanup Day.
Loads must be separated: OTHERWISE, THERE WILL BE A $40.00 SURCHARGE
- WOOD – CUT TO 4 FOOT OR SHORTER LENGTHS
- BRUSH – CUT TO 4 FOOT OR SHORTER LENGTHS
PLEASE: be patient, drive slowly, wait your turn and follow attendant’s instructions
Let’s take PRIDE in our beautiful community and clean up our streets, parks, and roadways to protect our drinking water, recycle and finally enjoy a clean community! Please feel free to contact me, Erica Holland, Director at Clearwater County Chamber of Commerce (208) 476-4335 or email@example.com for any assistance you may need. Cheers to a beautiful and clean Clearwater County!