The Chamber of Commerce, City of Orofino, Urban Forests of Orofino, KLER, and Orofino Rotary club are spearheading a community spring clean up effort again this year. Individuals and organizations are asked to clean up around their homes and workplaces. In addition, groups and individuals are encouraged to sign up and clean an area in need in their neighborhood or community. To sign up or for more information please contact the Clearwater County Chamber of Commerce at (208) 476-4335 or firstname.lastname@example.org – Erica Holland, Director.
In celebration of Arbor Day, Urban Forestry of Orofino (UFO) in conjunction with the Idaho Dept. of Lands and Clearwater Potlatch Timber Protective Association (CPTPA) will be giving out free seedlings and holding an event raffle for ornamental trees/shrubs. Information on planting and tree care will be available. T-shirts are also being ordered. Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forest will be handing out fire wise materials from Smokey the Bear. For more information call the City of Orofino at (208) 476-4725.
The community estate/yard sale in the Orofino City Park fair exhibit building will also be going on this year thanks to the Orofino Rotary Club. This is a good opportunity to clean up and recycle your household goods and make money doing it or support a good cause. Please contact Cathy at 208-851-8247 for more information or to reserve a booth.
Scheduled Activities on Saturday April 29th at the Orofino City Park
- 7 am to noon: Free trash bag available for signup participants.
- All day: Trash trucks will be available for trash deposits.
- 11:30am to noon: Free hot dog or German dog lunch for those signed up to cleanup. Courtesy of City of Orofino.
Arbor Day Celebration:
- 8am-12pm: Free seedlings will be given (while they last) along with tree care information.
- 12 noon: Tree City USA Award presentation to the City of Orofino and ornamental tree/shrub drawing by UFO.
Community garage sale in the fair exhibit building from 8am-4pm:
- Come out and support local community members and you just might find a deal. Proceeds support Rotary projects in the community.
The Transfer Station
Open from 7am- 4pm QUESTIONS: 208-476-7903
- Fees will be waived for this day only
- Clearwater County Residents only – you may be asked to show proof of residency
- Everyone must stop at the scale house
- No Cement/Concrete will be accepted
- No Hazardous waste will be accepted (anti-freeze, old gas, etc.)
- Up to 4 small truck and passenger tires will be accepted free on Saturday ONLY. There will be a $2.50 charge for each tire over 4 with no rim and $5 for tires with rims.
- Fees are not waived for contractors on Community Cleanup Day.
Loads must be separated: OTHERWISE, THERE WILL BE A $40.00 SURCHARGE
- WOOD – CUT TO 4 FOOT OR SHORTER LENGTHS
- BRUSH – CUT TO 4 FOOT OR SHORTER LENGTHS
PLEASE: be patient, drive slowly, wait your turn and follow attendant’s instructions
Let’s take PRIDE in our beautiful community and clean up our streets, parks, and roadways to protect our drinking water, recycle and enjoy a clean community! Please feel free to contact me, Erica Holland, Director at Clearwater County Chamber of Commerce (208) 476-4335 or email@example.com for any assistance you may need.
Cheers to a beautiful and clean Clearwater County!